At Billion, we understand that our responsibility doesn't end at selling you our products.
Billion has been working in the area of safe disposal of electronic waste. Since mobiles and other electronic items are made of hazardous constituents under our global policy as well the legislation passed by the Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF), called E-waste (Management) Rules, 2016, which comes into effect from 1st Oct 2016. Billion will seek shared responsibility and cooperation from customers in reducing the environmental impact of their products. Billion will comply with all the applicable laws related to e-waste management. As a part of e-waste recycling initiatives, Billion has partnered with Z Enviro Industries Pvt Ltd, India's leading electronic waste management and disposal company, to comply with E-Waste management and Handling Rules in providing environmentally sound management of end of life electronics. As part of this partnership with Z Enviro Industries Pvt Ltd, the company will provide E-Waste drop off centres and ensure environmentally sound management of electronics that have reached their end of life phase. Z Enviro Industries Pvt Ltd has obtained all the necessary authorizations from the appropriate governmental agencies for their processing facilities. Z Enviro Industries Pvt Ltd ensures proper recycling and disposal of e-waste. This helps us protect the environment from any hazardous consequences, which would be otherwise caused by the inappropriate waste management of e-waste.
1. Make sure that your electronic products are recycled only by authorized recyclers/dismantlers
2. Consult your nearest Billion Collection Point for disposing products that have reached end-of-life.
3. Drop-off used Mobile Phones, batteries or any accessories at the nearest Billion Collection Point at your cost.
4. Separate the packaging materials from the electronic products as per safe waste disposal options.
5. Protect the glass surface of any electronic product to avoid breakage.
1. Never dismantle your electronic products yourself.
2. Never dispose electronic products in bins having 'Do Not Dispose' sign.
3. Never sell or give e-waste to informal and unorganized sectors like local scrap dealer/ rag pickers.
4. Never throw your electronic waste along with municipal waste as they end up reaching landfills.
Learn more about our recycling process - here